You can achieve your personal financial goals and leave a legacy of support for The Western PA Humane Society – and pets and people in our community- by making a 'Planned Gift.'
A Planned Gift uses legal and tax strategies to provide a legacy of support for a cause dear to your heart; helping pets find their forever home and bring joy to the families who adopt them.
Ways a Planned Gift can help you while giving back:
- Make a deferred gift by including us in your will
- Avoid or postpone capital gains tax
- Provide income that may be greater than that earned by current investments for yourself or your family
- Reduce gift and estate taxes on assets bequeathed to your family and heirs
- Diversify your portfolio without incurring capital gains taxes on sale of assets
- Avoid double taxation on things in your estate or portfolio like an IRA, retirement plan assets, and U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Giving us an interest in your home while you continue to live there can allow you to receive an immediate income tax deduction
This information is general – We do not provide legal or tax advice. You should obtain professional legal and tax advice when considering a Planned Gift or other charitable giving.
For more information, please contact Emily Rousseau at 412-321-4625 ext 312 or